Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Summer Sunshine



Spring and summer have been busy with having gone camping a few times with the Weisenhaus side of our family and having a few adventures on our own here is our update for you... 

Twin Falls

(gorgeous... but I'm glad Andrew was there to carry Matthew back up the mountain!)
 


 

Camping on Memorial Day

Devils Lake, OR 
(Lincoln City)












 (As you can tell by the looks of weather it is not quite the sunny summer we had hoped for but it was fun to hang around the fire)

Play Time










Andrew graduated with his Bible diploma
on to his pastoral diploma...


More play time




 






His first experience with a pickel (in the end he loved it!)

4th Of July in Molalla, OR








On the  river

Andrews first time fly fishing

Kevin caught a fish but then didnt know what to do with it!







Matthews first time in a poole... he was a lot more afraid than I thought he would be. but warmed up to it. 



Matthew has been growing like a weed. I have packed many things away (hoping to save some things for the future Poole clan). I have also started reading a bit like How to rear children by Jack Hyles it is a great book full of things we already know but will need many, many reminders on while raising future Pooles.  

The past few months have been a learning experience and I am sure we will be learning a lot more (I know parents always say consistency is key but man is that true!).

I now have a new found respect for my parents and Andrews parents. It's a lot harder than it looks and you don't get a break no matter how tired you are you can't just shove the kid in a corner and have a cup of coffee with peace and quiet... instead you have the kid on your lap trying to grab your burning hot coffee cup from you while you drink it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, Liz! Matthew is such a doll baby. I LOVE his cheeks and his chins!!! :) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete